Wool Sleeping Felt
$184 3.5 pounds (medium) 40 degrees F.
Our Sleeping Felt is a wild and wooly idea! We designed this piece to create a simple modular system for warmer weather that can be layered to bring you down to colder temperatures by adding layers. Can also be combined with the THree Season Bag either attached to add warmth or as an under quilt/pad to add some luxury when weight isn’t an issue.
Why You Will Love It
- Light weight for warmer weather
- Versatile modular system allows adjusting to the conditions of each adventure with maximum weight-to-warmth efficiency
- Excells in humid / wet weather
- Durable: will last a lifetime with proper care
- Naturally hypo-allergenic and fire resistant
- Self sanitizing – sun and wind have natural anti-septic effect
- Can use the ‘breathe-in-the-bag’ technique to take you down 10 degrees more
- Can go into a fetal curl to conserve heat during extreme cold
- More economical than the Three Season Bag
How You Can Use It
- A unique natural-fiber sleeping bag to replace your synthetic and down options
- Use one layer down to 40 degrees.
- Use two layers to take you down to 10 degree F.
- Use three layers to take you to even colder temperatures. (We have not tested to find the three-layer rating)
- Can use flat on a bed as a blanket when not camping
- Can wrap it around you easily for extra warmth when not sleeping
- Modular system allows you to add extra pieces to adjust to the conditions of each adventure
- Can change positions inside the bag by loosening or tightening the pressure.
What It’s Made Of
- Shell: 100% high thread count lightweight cotton
- Inner Liner: Choose from Merino Wool or 100% high thread count lightweight cotton
- Insulation: 2.5″ thick Eco Wool Batting (organically raised and milled in the U.S.A sheep wool)
- Width: All sizes have 45″ width of insulation and 6″ on each side of flap (flap has cloth only)
- Lengths and Weights (The bag is designed to go about up to your chin)
- Small: 64″ / weighs about 4.5 lbs. (fits up to 5′ 4″)
- Medium: 70″ / weighs about 5 lbs. (fits up to 5′ 9″)
- Large: 76″ / weighs about 5.5 lbs. (fits up to 6′ 4″)
- Zipper at the footbox is 36″ long
Q. How does your Wool Sleeping Bag and Sleeping Felt compare with down and synthetic fill bags? For weight and volume during dry weather, wool is about the same as synthetic and heavier than down. During damp weather, wool wins out. We believe there is more to...
I Stand for Organic I stand for organic I stand strong against the toxic fumes winds blowing hot in my face like a dragon's breath I stand for and with the trees and the smallest butterfly flitting from blossom to blossom I fight, letting my anger express keeping a...
We have the illusion that clothes and bedding made from synthetic fibers are safe, but the materials are in fact full of invisible chemicals the clothing/furniture industry prefers we don't think about. A hundred years ago, bedding and clothing was made of natural...
The Facts About Wool Breathability Most people are unaware of the fact that our skin needs to breathe. Because wool breathes and can hold 30-40% of its weight in moisture, it helps prevent the ability of bacteria to be able to grow and thrive and can help promote the...
How to shop for a sleeping bag. Here are two great articles which gives an overview of the options and how to choose the perfect bag for your needs. http://www.bigskyfishing.com/camping-gear/sleeping-bag-temperature-ratings.php...
by Debra Lynn Dadd | Dec 8, 2015 | Textiles, Toxic Free Talk Radio, transcript | My guest today is Patrick Clark, creator of Lucky Sheep, the world’s first lightweight wool sleeping bag. We’ll be talking about how wool can improve the quality of your sleep and his...
As the body’s metabolism works throughout the night, perspiration is released as water vapor also called insensible perspiration. Synthetic fabrics trap and hold this moisture because air can’t circulate. As body heat and moisture build up, your heart rate increases,...
Since this is such a new phenomenon and we understand you may want to test it out before you decide--we have a testing option. You can order a bag as a rental. It may have been used once or twice by someone like you. You can test it out and see what you think. Then...