Enjoy the magic of beeswax coated natural organic canvas with its unparalleled ventilation and protection from wind and cold. This tent is made from organic canvas infused with Amethyst Powder, Shungite Powder and EM Ceramic Powder. Also, the fabric is also treated with boron which is completely non-toxic, healthy for humans, and offers superior fire and mold retardant properties.
This four season tent should last many years with proper care.
Do not touch the inside of the tent during a rainstorm. This type of tent is designed to keep you dry by shedding the water but the water actually runs down the inside of the tent. If you touch it, it’s not the end of the world. You will simply notice a few drops fall and it will stop again soon.
Comes with a zip-in organic canvas floor treated with lime. This is a natural non-toxic mineral which has been used for centuries in masonry building and painting. This both sheds the rain as well as helps with grounding.
When the tent first arrives it may smell like a beeswax candle. The smell will go away within a few days of use. Some people love the smell as beeswax has healing and antioxidant properties.
You will notice many inconsistencies in the color and appearance as different parts of the wax simply show up in different ways. This is simply the nature of the materials and our small batch, artisian process and should be enjoyed as part of the beauty of the natural materials.
Measures six feet, six inches tall and 8 feet diameter. Weighs about 14 pounds including ground cloth and poles. Measures about 30″ x 7″ x 7″ when packed in its carry bag.
Octagonal shape makes this tent amazingly stable in wind.
Sets up in 5-10 minutes using eight stakes (provided) and four poles (provided).
Golden rules of canvas
The main thing to keep in mind is the tent needs to dry out 100% after it gets wet, before storage. The other golden rule of canvas, when pitching the tent, don’t let the bottom touch the ground, unless it is for a short stay such as a few days. The bottom edge should be just slightly above the ground, unless it is winter or for short periods only.
- Set the canvas groundcloth down where you want to pitch the tent.
- Hold the top section on poles which has four poles tied together at the top. Put the top sleeve over the top of the poles and tie it in.
- Take one of the loose sections of pole and insert it into the upper pole using the PVC sleeve which is attached to the lower pole.
- Once you have the poles all connected place the pyramid over the round groundcloth and align one pole in each of the sections between two zippers.
- Choose where you want the door. Take the top part of the tent and throw it over the poles (or alternatively feed the poles into the tip of the tent and then place the poles over and around the ground cloth.
- The zipper door of the tent should be aligned with a pole where you want the door. The door will open towards your left and to the left of the pole (while you are facing the tent from the outside)
- Go around the tent and stake first the loop where the door opens. You should stake immediately behind the pole. Then go to the opposite pole and stake it the same way. Then stake where the other two poles are. After that you can stake the other four corners of the octagon which don’t have a pole.
- Go inside and zip the floor in place. Start at the door entrance.
- Then go outside and stake the four corners which don’t have a pole. The floor should lift about two inches above the ground on the edges.
- In extremely high winds it is a good idea to lash the top in three places and stake down.
- That’s it! You’re ready to move in!
Stakes and alternatives on hard ground:
If you are on ground which is too hard to use stakes, you can use either rocks in the area or plastic jugs filled with water or sand. You can also use small sand bags. You will need eight weights of some sort, and each weight should be about 5 pounds or more, depending on the wind. A two liter sized soda bottle is about the right weight.
That’s it! You are ready to move in!
Best Uses: Perfect for Rewilding Base Camp, car or canoe camping, festivals, earth skills rendezvous, forest bathing, backyard sleeping, or even sleeping in your house. Kids love it!
EM Ceramic Powder emits the Shumann’s Frequency of 7.83 H which is also the frequency of Infra Red and Alpha Brain Waves.
Amethyst Powder is praised for its sleep enhancing qualities and also amplifies the Infra Red to create a relaxing field inside the tent.
Sacred Geometry of the Octagonal Pyramid shape also add the the sleep enhancing qualities of this tent.
For a fascinating discussion on how scalar and pyramid energy is healing to the body/mind/spirit listen to this podcast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7WXLUkfEoA&t=3856s&fbclid=IwAR0ZGbmUk0YRYY1LehHGbzcWzXFQRSJ3Al5fPOZBFdZMP4hNBhNMnBMk5Kg