Wool Sleeping Felt
$184 3.5 pounds (medium) 40 degrees F.
Our Sleeping Felt is a wild and wooly idea! We designed this piece to create a simple modular system for warmer weather that can also bring you down to colder temperatures by adding layers. Can also be combined with the Three Season Bag either attached to add warmth or as an under quilt/pad to add some luxury when weight isn’t an issue.
Why You Will Love It
- Light weight for warmer weather
- Versatile modular system allows adjusting to the conditions of each adventure with maximum weight-to-warmth efficiency
- Excells in humid / wet weather
- Durable: will last a lifetime with proper care
- Naturally hypo-allergenic and fire resistant
- Self sanitizing – sun and wind have natural anti-septic effect
- Can use the ‘breathe-in-the-bag’ technique to take you down 10 degrees more
- Can go into a fetal curl to conserve heat during extreme cold
- More economical than the Three Season Bag
How You Can Use It
- A unique natural-fiber sleeping bag to replace your synthetic and down options
- Use one layer down to 40 degrees.
- Use two layers to take you down to 20 degree F.
- Use three layers to take you to even colder temperatures. (We have not tested to find the three-layer rating)
- Can use flat on a bed as a blanket when not camping
- Can wrap it around you easily for extra warmth when not sleeping
- Modular system allows you to add extra pieces to adjust to the conditions of each adventure
- Can change positions inside the bag by loosening or tightening the pressure.
What It’s Made Of
- Shell: 100% 5 oz. Lightweight Cotton French Twill
- Liner: 100% 2.5 oz. Organic Cotton Twill
- Insulation: 1/2″ thick Eco Wool Felt
- Width: All sizes have 45″ width of insulation and 6″ on each side of flap (flap has cloth only)
- Lengths and Weights (The bag is designed to go about up to your chin)
- Small: 64″ / weighs about 3 lbs. (fits up to 5′ 4″)
- Medium: 70″ / weighs about 3.5 lbs. (fits up to 5′ 9″)
- Large: 76″ / weighs about 4 lbs. (fits up to 6′ 4″)
- Zipper at the footbox is 36″ long
We often say jokingly, "I need to recharge my battery". This is not a joke. Our body is actually IS a battery. It is called the mammalian battery and it works by capturing electrons from our environment and storing them. Our net charge can even be measured using a...
Open air sleeping under a tarp. Fresh air blows through freely allowing the full experience of Forest Bathing. Weighs 2 lbs. and fits two people and gear. A few years ago I had a strange fascination with sleeping outside. I wanted to find a way to make my camping...
Thru Hiker Fill: Circadian 1.9″ thick Liner: 100% Merino Wool (10 oz.) Shell: Organic Cotton Batiste Sage (2.5 oz.) Weight: 3.25 pounds (Medium) / 3.50 pounds (Large) Temperature Rating: 30 Degrees Fahrenheit Compresses to 10″x10″ $457 This combination provides the...
Besides the problem that most down is cruelly live-plucked from birds who live in inhumane conditions...down has problems of it's own as a bedding and clothing insulator. For decades, down bedding has traditionally been thought to provide superior comfort...
Summer is the perfect time for getting into the wilderness. However most people don't know how to do it. And others know how but could up their game by learning and applying the principles of Rewilding. This is the first of a series of posts laying out the...
This weekend I showed Lucky Sheep Sleeping Bags at the Outdoor Gear Builders of Western North Carolina's annual Get in Gear Fest. This was a collaboration of diverse outdoor gear builders showing their wares. It was 38 Degrees and sometimes drizzly and...
My Bones Remember: How I Discovered the Healing Effects of Forest Bathing and Invented Natural Fiber Outdoor Gear
About 15 years ago I was hiking barefoot up a mountain trail with a friend and started talking about my crazy idea to reinvent backpacking gear to match the philosophy of barefoot walking. Here I was breaking one of the rules I was taught during my Outdoor Leadership...
The Lucky Sheep™ sleeping bag is unlike anything from the past. It is light, fluffy, retains it’s loft, and is so soft you would think it is silk. Why wool instead of down or synthetic fill? Wool has an amazing ability to breathe, wicking the moisture (insensible...
Congratulations and welcome to your Lucky Sheep™ Sleeping Bag! You are about to discover a new outdoor sleeping experience. This bag is a game changer and will extend your adventure limits in several ways. 1--When stuffing into the stuff sack and pulling out, be sure...
Q. How does your Wool Sleeping Bag compare with down and synthetic fill bags? For weight and volume during dry weather, wool is about the same as synthetic and heavier than down. During damp weather, wool wins out. We believe there is more to sleeping outdoors than...