Lucky Sheep™ Shumann's
Approximate 4.25 lbs. cotton liner takes you down to 15 degrees Fahrenheit.
Approximate 5 lbs. merino liner takes you down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit
The world’s most comfortable sleeping bag! A soft, fluffy way to wrap yourself up when sleeping in the wilderness or anywhere.
Medium: 70″ / (fits up to 5′ 9″)
Large: 76″ / (fits up to 6′ 4″)
Why You Will Love It
- The most comfortable sleeping bag on earth
- Excells in humid / wet weather
- Durable: will last a lifetime with proper care
- Naturally hypo-allergenic and fire resistant
- Self sanitizing: sun and wind have natural anti-septic effect
- Improves sleep by regulating body temp and lowering heartrate
by 20 beats per minute compared to down and synthetic sleeping bags
- Customize your fit by choosing from our two sizes:
How You Can Use It
- All purpose sleeping bag for camping and backpacking
- Replace your synthetic and down options
- Use between 30 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Can use flat on a bed when not camping
- Can wrap it around you easily for extra warmth when not sleeping and secure with attached straps
- Modular system allows you to add extra pieces to adjust to the conditions of each adventure
- Choose between traditional zippered bag and innovative flap closure system
What It’s Made Of
- Shell: Choose between ORGANIC COTTON LIGHTWEIGHT BATISTE SAGE and 100% COTTON FRENCH TWILL in either SLATE BLUE or OLIVE
- Inner Liner: Choose from 100% MERINO WOOL or 100% ORGANIC COTTON LIGHTWEIGHT BATISTE
- Insulation: 1.9″ thick Eco Wool Batting (organically raised and milled in the U.S.A sheep wool)
- Width: All sizes have 45″ width of insulation and 6″ on each side of flap (flap has cloth only)
- Or choose the extra wide version which is 50″ WIDE (add $50)
- Zipper at the footbox is 36″ long
- Hand wash only in bathtub with easy instructions here
“Climbing into a lucky sheep is like climbing into your natural sleeping habitat. These are top notch and will make your outdoor sleeping experience AWESOME.”A Happy Camper
Summer is the perfect time for getting into the wilderness. However most people don't know how to do it. And others know how but could up their game by learning and applying the principles of Rewilding. This is the first of a series of posts laying out the...
This weekend I showed Lucky Sheep Sleeping Bags at the Outdoor Gear Builders of Western North Carolina's annual Get in Gear Fest. This was a collaboration of diverse outdoor gear builders showing their wares. It was 38 Degrees and sometimes drizzly and...
My Bones Remember: How I Discovered the Healing Effects of Forest Bathing and Invented Natural Fiber Outdoor Gear
About 15 years ago I was hiking barefoot up a mountain trail with a friend and started talking about my crazy idea to reinvent backpacking gear to match the philosophy of barefoot walking. Here I was breaking one of the rules I was taught during my Outdoor Leadership...
The Lucky Sheep™ sleeping bag is unlike anything from the past. It is light, fluffy, retains it’s loft, and is so soft you would think it is silk. Why wool instead of down or synthetic fill? Wool has an amazing ability to breathe, wicking the moisture (insensible...
Congratulations and welcome to your Lucky Sheep™ Sleeping Bag! You are about to discover a new outdoor sleeping experience. This bag is a game changer and will extend your adventure limits in several ways. 1--When stuffing into the stuff sack and pulling out, be sure...
Q. How does your Wool Sleeping Bag compare with down and synthetic fill bags? For weight and volume during dry weather, wool is about the same as synthetic and heavier than down. During damp weather, wool wins out. We believe there is more to sleeping outdoors than...
I Stand for Organic I stand for organic I stand strong against the toxic fumes winds blowing hot in my face like a dragon's breath I stand for and with the trees and the smallest butterfly flitting from blossom to blossom I fight, letting my anger express keeping a...
We have the illusion that clothes and bedding made from synthetic fibers are safe, but the materials are in fact full of invisible chemicals the clothing/furniture industry prefers we don't think about. A hundred years ago, bedding and clothing was made of natural...
The Facts About Wool Breathability Most people are unaware of the fact that our skin needs to breathe. Because wool breathes and can hold 30-40% of its weight in moisture, it helps prevent the ability of bacteria to be able to grow and thrive and can help promote the...